Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

TinyMCE removes iframe tags

Vote:

I'm working on a site where editors occasionally need to insert iframes into a few xhtml page properties. As far as I can see there are 2 options here, the first is to create a dynamic content control that will do this automatically, the second is to disable the filtering mechanism so that iframe tags don't get stripped out.

Unfortunately we're using #mce_temp_url# which doesn't have support for dynamic content. So is it just TinyMCE that is filtering out iframe tags or do I need to dig further into EPiServer to enable them?

Any suggestions are very welcome!

Oct 18, 2010 20:08
Vote:

So the solution is simply to configure TinyMCE to accept the iframe tag as a valid element. I'm using EPiServer CMS 5 with TinyMCEAdapter so I had to add:

extended_valid_elements: "iframe[class|src|frameborder=0|alt|title|width|height|align|name]"

to the tinyMCE.init event.

Thanks Steve and Frederik for the pointers.

Edited, Oct 19, 2010 10:53
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.