Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Update Panel and CMS 5 R2 problem

Vote:

Hello,

Please can someone help me on this, I have CMS 5 R2 version of Epi-server, I am using framework 3.5 and using ajax in one of my

pages. The problem is when i run this page on my local machine or staging environment it works like a charm and i found no problem at all. But when i run this file on client's production server, it breaks giving the 

Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: An unknown error occurred while processing the request on the server. The status code returned from the server was: 500

The behaviour appears sometime and sometimes not.
Please if someone can help me on this. I have found that epi-server CMS 5R2, has already a fixed for the update panel. Please if someone can guide me on this.

Looking forward to seeing a reply.

Mar 29, 2010 15:10
Vote:

Do you get any 404 errors when loading the page? Use Fiddler or Firebug's net tab to check this (or another network monitor tool).

Mar 29, 2010 15:27
Vote:

Yes, before this i was facing the 500 error, but now i am facing 404 error problem too.

[Exception... "'Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: An unknown error occurred while processing the request on the server. The status code returned from the server was: 404' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001c (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_JS_OBJECT)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]

Please if you can let me know. But, my staging and local machine works perfectly fine. Do i have to install CMS 5 R2 Sp1 to fix this.? Does it change anything or it just need simple installation? please suggest

Mar 29, 2010 15:57
Vote:

Hi,

Many thanks for your replies.

Yes i have those settings in web.config.

Now, I am able to getthrough the 404 error code. But i am still facing 500 error.  

[Exception... "'Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: An unknown error occurred while processing the request on the server. The status code returned from the server was: 500' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001c (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_JS_OBJECT)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]

Do i need to write this adapter as mentioned in the following post?

http://labs.episerver.com/en/Blogs/Johan-Bjornfot/Dates/112006/112115/UpdatePanel-in-EPiServe

r-CMS/

Mar 29, 2010 17:04
Vote:

Seems to be a lot of people with the same issue, http://www.google.no/#hl=en&source=hp&q=Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException%3A+Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException%3A+An+unknown+error+occurred+while+processing+the+request+on+the+server.+The+status+code+returned+from+the+server+was%3A+500&meta=&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=3f35d7e9489168b0 and http://stackoverflow.com/questions/294299/asp-net-ajax-errorsys-webforms-pagerequestmanagerservererrorexception-an-unknown

Mar 29, 2010 21:45
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.