Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Content mirroring / Staging in a load balanced environment

Vote:

What i need to do is to export a branch containing a "high performance emergency site" as HTML. I thought this would be a very easy task, until i tried it :) Since we use a load balanced environment, all of the servers must have their own copy of the static html pages. I don't want to store pagas on a shared disk, because i want as few dependecies as possible. After all, the purpose of the site is to handle break-downs or high loads.

What i realized was, that only the server that acctually ran the job at the time got a copy of the output. If schedule the job often enoght, the other nodes probably would execute the job at some point and get a copy, but this doesn't work either if you don't reset the job between each execution.

There must be a easy way to solve this?

Oct 09, 2012 12:56
Vote:

Use something outside of EPi to sync the HTML-files across the web servers. Use one web server as the master.

If you have scheduled tasks that has dependencies to a local file system like this would have you should disable the Scheduler Service on the other nodes.

Oct 09, 2012 17:38
Vote:

Well, turn off scheduled jobs on all but one node would break the HA if your site depends on scheduled tasks. In my oppinion, this is not an option. I guess i have to solve this outside EPiServer after all...

Oct 09, 2012 19:57
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.