Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Bug? Importing page types in enterprise solutions

Vote:

Hi,

I'm working on an enterprise solution where 6 different municipals have their internet pages.

I've just created a google search page type that I want to implement on the sites.

I have installed and configured the page type for the first municipal with success.

But when I start on the next municipal, I have a problem. I cannot find out wether or not

page types have to be defined on each municipal or if the municipals can use the same page types.

We have previously configured Episerver search where when had to "enable page type in edit mode"

for each municipal.

But regarding google search page type, I first installed it on one municipal. I didn't find the page type

on the second municipal so I installed (imported) it again. After loading the page again, I had two page types of the same type.

I don't know if page types are supposed to be shared or not. It is obvously a bug somewhere since I get two of the same page types after importing the page type the second time for the other site.

If it is difficult to understand - I can explain further later. Do ask questions. Then it is easier to explain.

Thanks for all answers I get! :)

Kind regards,

Jon Haakon

Dec 06, 2010 15:43
Vote:

Hi,

That's one of the purposes of enterprise solution to share code base (page types) within several sites. So you should have 1 page type and create a google search page for each enterprise site in edit mode.

I guess you didn't see it because of cache issues. But you should be able to clean up unused and dublicate page types in episerver admin mode as long as that page type is not in use. You'll get a warning if so when you try to delete it.

/Per

Dec 14, 2010 9:56
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.