Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Error while adding PageStoreService.axms to webreference

Vote:

Dear All,

I want to use the PageStoreService.asmx webservice of the episerver. When i directly type the url on the browser, it does give me the asmx page after asking for login credentials.

When i am trying to add the web reference, I provide login credential and can see the all the methods exposed  webservice but the Add reference button does not get enable and the error i got is "The HTML does not containt the discovery file information". Please if somebody can guide me on this. Many thanks.

Regards,
Nazim

Dec 07, 2010 13:33
Vote:

I think you cannot add this webservice as a web reference. you need to use EPiServer dll to call function of this webservice like:

EPiServer.WebServices.PageStoreService pageContent = new EPiServer.WebServices.PageStoreService();

Read this for reference: http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/Items/Tech-Notes/EPiServer-CMS-6/EPiServer-CMS-60/Web-Services/

Nov 23, 2011 17:59
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.