Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

tblPageToPageType episerver CMS 6

Vote:

I have developed a self installing (selfregistering) dll plugin for episerver  that uses tblPageToPageType. Now this plugin works great in CMS 5 but when I try to add it to CMS 6 (version 6.0.452.2) and run it I get the error about not finding that specific table. I looked in the CMS 6 database the tblPageToPageType is not there. My question is if its going to be included in the release of CMS 6 or did episerver had any specific reason for excluding this table (and its basic functionality) from the DB

thx

Diego delfino

Feb 09, 2010 9:23
Vote:

I think it was removed since it was never used by either CMS 5 or 6, what basic functionality are you refering to ?

Feb 12, 2010 13:04
Vote:

Hi Per, well im not sure but aparently, by entering page type ids in that table connected to page ids im able to limit the editors from creating specifik page types under a page type. Its very handy and Im sure there must be some connection to other tables in order to achive that. I find the plugin very handy when dealing with editors that are somehow confused about what pagetype to use under a specifik page i.e. i only want users to create news item page types under news.

Feb 12, 2010 22:42
Vote:

Ok, it will be removed since there arent any API's in CMS using that table. Make sure users of that plug-in notice that they need to backup their data before upgrading and then recreating that table. We do not recommend makers of plug-ins directly accessing the database of EPiServer CMS since we will be making changes along the way, its better that plug-ins uses their own tables or our API's.

Feb 15, 2010 9:04
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.