Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How do I force the friendly URL conversion?

Vote:

I know there is some process which rewrites all the HREFs in content to the friendly URL.  So, at some point in the page lifecycle, internal links go from...

/Templates/Public/Page.aspx?id=163&epslanguage=en

to...

/my/friendly/url

Where does this process happen, and can it be forced?  I have some content that (for a very odd, but domain-specific reason) I am generating as a string in in a handler (.ashx).  So, this content is not going through this "filter," and the links aren't being converted.

Is there some way to force this link conversion?  On a raw string, preferably?

Apr 16, 2010 17:08
Vote:

Hello,

I think you should be able to use your FriendlyUrlRewriteProvider. With that you can use the ConvertToInternal / ConvertToExternal (The default provider is in the EPiServer.Web namespace)

FriendlyUrlRewriteProvider provider = new FriendlyUrlRewriteProvider();
                provider.ConvertToInternal(new UrlBuilder(theUrl));

FriendlyUrlRewriteProvider provider = new FriendlyUrlRewriteProvider();

provider.ConvertToInternal(new UrlBuilder(theUrl));

or

provider.ConvertToExternal(...);

Warning though.. I haven't used these myself so I might be way off. But looks like that is the way. Mayeb I have time to look at it mor later if im wrong.

Apr 16, 2010 17:43
Vote:

Thanks, Johan, but I don't really want to feed it individual links.  I'd rather give it a big string and have it find the links and correct them all, like it must do at some point in the page lifecycle.

Apr 16, 2010 21:01
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.