Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Regarding multiple domains problem in CMS6

Vote:

Dear all,

I am facing a problem with multiple domain strategy on my epi website cms6.
I have a website which is running under three different languages i.e.

www.abc.com/en-gb/
www.abc.com/en-us/
www.abc.com/en-au/

By reading the epi-manual, i have successfully implemented the first step which is
to implement multiple domains using different languages. Now my websites are appearing
under different domain, and each domain is following that particular language.

www.abc.co.uk   (is using en-gb)
www.abc.com  (is using en-us)
www.abc.com.au (is using en-au)

This is running perfectly as required, but if any user mistakenly type the url.
www.abc.com/en-gb/login, he is still be able to use that link. What i want here to
create a rule to enforce them to redirect them back to that particular domain.
For example if a user type  www.abc.com/en-gb/login, he should actually get redirected
to www.abc.co.uk/login page.

Can someone help me on this how to do it? I know i have to write here my own code, does anyone have
a sample code to help me out on this.

Many thanks on this.

Aug 06, 2010 12:35
Vote:

Hi Nazim

I've done something before in EPiServer’s Friendly URL Rewriter following this example -

http://blog.fredrikhaglund.se/blog/2009/02/15/episerver-seo-reduce-duplicate-content/

Aug 06, 2010 13:08
Vote:

Thanks Gareth for your reply, but this doesnot help me. I tried implementing it but still the same.
What i want is, though i have each domain working with particular language, but if someone try to access
www.abc.com/en-gb/login he should be redirected to the actual domain www.abc.co.uk/login

Even, i am trying to type www.abc.com.au/en-gb/login, it is working but incorrectly, it should take me to the www.abc.co.uk/login page.
Have someone already done it, if please can share the code.

Many thanks,

Edited, Aug 06, 2010 16:18
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.