Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Mirroring 2.0 does not mirror files(in vpp)

Vote:

Hi All

Mirroring 2.0 in CMS 6 doesn't seem to mirror any files . I've setup two fresh public template sites . Mirroring suceesfully mirror all pages but doesnt move any image / file into VPP.

There is no error in log files and mirroring montoring also shows that 'Files mirrored'.

Any idea . Am I missing something very basic ???

Regards

Muhammad

Sep 23, 2010 18:27
Vote:

Hi Muhammad,

I experienced the same behavior and it could be related to a couple of things.  First, only referenced files are mirrored (e.g. a page links to them).  Try adding a link to a file on a page, publish the page, and then run the mirroring job.  If this doesn’t do it, it could also be related to a licensing issue.  If either site has an invalid license you may experience intermittent issues. If so, try resetting IIS on the destination as the cache may not have been updated because of the license issue.

I hop this helps,

Joe

Feb 16, 2011 17:02
Vote:

Joe is right, the mirroring will only add files in use

Some findings can you read about here

http://world.episerver.com/Blogs/Anders-Hattestad/Dates/2010/9/Shame-on-you-Mr-EPiServer/

Feb 16, 2011 20:31
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.