Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Simple address for a page in episerver problem

Vote:

Dear All,

I have come across with a problem using simple webaddress for a page in multiple languages in CMS6.

My scenario is i am using the same simple address name for UK and my US site, but they are under different
tree node. When i do this, it just never reaches the code and gets stuck in an endless loop and finally throw a 404 page.

For example
Under UK Language:-
I have a page under my Start Page called Legal Information and i am defining a simple web address for it i.e. Legal
Under US language :-
I have a page under About-us called legal information and i am defining the same simple web address for it i.e. Legal

(Please note they are not under the same tree but have common simple address defined)

Now
if i type www.abc.com/legal,  or www.abc.co.uk/legal, it just gets stuck in an endless loop and it never read or reaches my codes.
and finally throw a 404 page. The problem gets fixed as soon as i remove or change the "Legal" in any of the one language.

Can anyone please explain how to get rid of this?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Sep 01, 2010 11:38
Vote:

How did you manage to make this happen? I have tried replicating the issue on a default EPiServer 6 install and I get an error message saying:

"Simple address for this page" with value "Simple" is already in use by Simple address page (en) [32]."

when trying to save the page telling me that the simple name is already in use?

Are you setting this in code? If so then you will need to check for pages with the simple name and not allow it if one is found as EPiServer does not apply the same validation when working with page data in code.

David

Sep 22, 2010 19:12
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.