Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How do I browse to this file?

Vote:

Hello people!

So I uploaded an image to a website (running EPiServer CMS (Versoion 6.1.379.0).

So the site uses VPP, but I'm wondering how can I browse to the file threw my browser. The source code says:

SkickaddBD:\Inetpub\VPP.vb.mysite.se\Attachments\2014_05_09\185514_profile.png

(skickad means sent)

So this is the location it was uploaded to, and how do I browse to it? I want to see the attachment I put in my mail on the website, is that possible?

I want to be able to see it one the site. 

Thank you, if you need more info reply!

May 09, 2014 19:08
Vote:

VPP folder browsing is available via Admin section. Don't have v6 installation at hand but search for "File manager" or "File management" link somewhere under Admin section Tools list.

May 09, 2014 21:28
Vote:

However it depends on configuration settings in  EPiServerFramework.config file where particular VPP folder should be visible in file browser. So it may be hidden as well from the editors.

May 09, 2014 21:29
Vote:

It's not my website, so I'm not the administrator. I was wondering if I could browse to the picture I uploaded, when I viewed the source code that was the location. Im not so familiar with CMS but am I able to browse to this file? Considering the only access I have to the server is through the web browser.

May 20, 2014 20:50
Vote:

Through what interface are you uploading the file?

May 20, 2014 20:59
Vote:

Through my browser, it's an email service on the site where you can upload an attachment, and first I just wanted to see if I uploaded the correct image but now I just want to know if its possible and how to browse to the image. I checked the source code and decoded the base64 string and the location was the samething as I posted. I started to wounder maybe I have to send the email for it to really upload.

May 26, 2014 22:47
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.