Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Custom URL Rewriting Functionality in EPiServer CMS 6 R2

Vote:

Hi All,

May i know how to get the friendly URL functionality using Custom URLRewriting in EPiServer CMS 6 R2.

Thanks in Advance..

Jul 18, 2011 12:26
Vote:

Hi Saran

What do you want to achieve? Do you want to enable friendly URLs in EPiServer? Add your own logic?

URL rewriting in EPiServer is provider based so it is easy to replace it with your own logic. Take a look at episerver.config, you should see something like this:

<urlRewrite defaultProvider="EPiServerFriendlyUrlRewriteProvider">
    <providers>
      <add name="EPiServerFriendlyUrlRewriteProvider" description="EPiServer standard Friendly URL rewriter" type="EPiServer.Web.FriendlyUrlRewriteProvider,EPiServer" />
      <add name="EPiServerIdentityUrlRewriteProvider" description="EPiServer identity URL rewriter" type="EPiServer.Web.IdentityUrlRewriteProvider,EPiServer" />
      <add name="EPiServerNullUrlRewriteProvider" description="EPiServer bypass URL rewriter" type="EPiServer.Web.NullUrlRewriteProvider,EPiServer" />
    </providers>
  </urlRewrite>

Frederik

Jul 18, 2011 21:16
Vote:

Hi Frederik,

Thanks for the reply.. i have already implemented the friendly URL Rewriting functionality for EPiServer CMS 5 R2 which worked well i have posted code samples in my previous posts..But after upgrading to EPiServer CMS 6 R2 the friendly URL Rewriting functionality was not working says page not found error.Any way i will try the code you provided and let you know again.

Thanks again..

Jul 19, 2011 9:04
Vote:

Ah ok, see my answer in this thread: http://world.episerver.com/Modules/Forum/Pages/Thread.aspx?id=52313&epslanguage=en

Frederik

Jul 19, 2011 9:15
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.