Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Connect for SharePoint - maximum limit for synchronized files, SharePoint to EPiServer?

Vote:

Is there a maximum limit for the number of files that can be synchronized from a SharePoint list to an folder in EPiServer? We have configured SharePoint as a VPP folder in EPiServer, but only a hundred of three hundred docs are synchronized from a specific list in SP to the target EPiServer folder.
Everything seems to be working alright otherwise ie other folders and files are synchronized. Nothing in the log either.
Aug 24, 2011 14:10
Vote:

There is no any particular limits. Could you clarify a bit: are you connecting from EPiServer CMS to the SharePoint server over Virtual Path Provider for SharPoint or files are synced between SharePoint and EPiServer CMS over Content channel? In case of synchronization over Content channel you might face with request timeout on initial synchronization if you have a lot of big files. In order to see what is going on the SharePoint side you can configure logging as its described here.

Aug 25, 2011 11:41
Vote:

It's configured to be used as a VPP.

Could it be that the list in SharePoint uses pagination with 100 items a page? According to the customer/end user that matches the number of files that are synchronized.

Edited, Aug 26, 2011 11:20
Vote:

I have found where the problem is. The SharePoint web services API has a default paging behaviour and VPP for SharePoint uses the default settings, as a result users can see only the first "page". I have created a bug for that issue (bug #72700). If you need a hotfix, please contact EPiServer support.

Aug 26, 2011 13:46
Vote:

Thank you, no more work for me then = )

In this case, our customer will rebuild their lists in SharePoint to get an better overview (and to solve this bug).

Aug 26, 2011 14:00
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.