Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Using VPPs for CSS, Javascript, etc.

Vote:

I have a client who wants to use a VPP for all non-executable files -- CSS, Javascript, all images (not just content images, but backgrounds, sprites, etc.), Flash, etc.  Essentially, anything that isn't code will be served out of a VPP. Their problem is that they don't want to have to schedule their server team to deploy design, CSS, and client scripting changes.

Besides the governance issues (they are aware of the dangers), are there any technical limitations I should be aware of?  I can't think of any, other than performance. If 20 requests for files are coming into a VPP on every page load, would this be problematic?

Who else is doing this?  Anyone?

Mar 16, 2012 20:24
Vote:

I have done this. Check out this code

http://world.episerver.com/Blogs/Anders-Hattestad/Dates/2011/10/Use-client-cache-for-resource-files-cssjsimages-without-hassle/

Are doing this in a prosject. works like a charm

Edited, Mar 17, 2012 9:46
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.