Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Import/export: mapping pagetypes and properties?

Vote:

I want to export data from one EPiServer site, and import this data into another (and totally different) site.

Is there any way I can set up mappings between pagestypes and between properties?

It seems to me that I can only export pages (with their pagetypes) - and then import this later on...?

This is not what I'm looking for.

What I want is:

a) Export a subtree from Site A, where I have the pagetypes ArticleA and SectionA, etc - and when importing tell EPiServer that Site1's ArticleA maps to Site2's ImportedArticle, Site1's SectionA maps to Site2's ImportedSection, etc... (I don't necessarily want to import ALL pagetypes in the subtree, if possible I might like to skip pagetypes that are of no interest to me.)

b) I don't want to use ALL properties from Site1's ArticleA, but only a subset; skipping all properties not included in the target pagetype. Also, properties might be named differently in the two sites.

Is there any way to accomplish this easily? (Or do I have to write my own export/import utility from scratch?)

May 31, 2012 14:22
Vote:

With those special needs you have to roll your own export/import. You can use the built-in webservices http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/Items/Tech-Notes/EPiServer-CMS-6/EPiServer-CMS-60/Web-Services/

May 31, 2012 17:00
Vote:

For the selective import / export you will need development although for importing data from one site to another were pages types do not match you could potentially use convert pages functionality.

Import pages including page types from Site A to Site B, covert pages you have jsut imported to the target page type mapping the properties and then just delete the obsolete pagetypes from site B

Edited, Jun 01, 2012 10:56
Vote:

You could also use mirroring (1.0 I guess), where you can map properties and page types.

Jun 01, 2012 10:59
Vote:

Super! I'll go for the convert functionality. Have never tried this, but one time must be the first... :)

Thanks for all the help!

Jun 04, 2012 9:05
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.