Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Windows 8 Compatibility

Vote:

Hi,

Windows 8 Release Preview was just released a few days ago together with Windows Server 2012 RC1 and  Visual Studio 2012 RC1.

I tried to install EPiServer CMS 6 R2 on my desktop computer. The installation was successful after installing the optional .NET 2/3.5 components for Windows 8. However the fun stops at the EPiServer Deployment Center. It keeps telling me that only IIS5-7 is supported. Windows 8 comes with IIS8 as default IIS version.

The IIS8 (just like IIS7) has the option to install a feature called IIS6 Management Compatibility. I was hoping for a way for EPiServer Deployment Center to work properly, either natively or by using these compatibility features.

Has anyone looked further into this problem?

Jun 04, 2012 13:40
Vote:

Some information:

EPiServer CMS 6 R2 will install on IIS8 if you change the version number registry key.
I was not able to change the registry directly but managed to do it with a console application using Visual Studio 2011 (as Administrator).

The following code. Set the major version back to 0x8 after running EPiServer Deployment Center.

using

(RegistryKey registryKey = Registry.LocalMachine.OpenSubKey("SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\InetSTP", true))

{

if (registryKey == null) return;

registryKey.SetValue("MajorVersion", 0x7, RegistryValueKind.DWord);

MessageBox.Show("IIS version in registry restored to " + registryKey.GetValue("MajorVersion"));

}

EPiServer is NOT compatible with SQL Server 2012, this is due to use of one or more deprecated stored procedures which has been removed in SQL Server 2012.

Jun 09, 2012 16:47
Vote:

Following these instructions I was able to install on Windows 8 & SQL 2012.

http://dotnetcake.blogspot.com/2012/06/installing-episerver-6-r2-on-windows-8.html

Jun 27, 2012 15:20
Vote:

Oct 28, 2012 19:01
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.