Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Firefox 25 not showing Visitor Groups in edit-mode

Vote:

I noticed that the latest release of Firefox does not list visitor groups when in edit-mode. When working inside a XHTML property, selecting some content, and hitting the green Visitor groups -button I am not seeing any items in the list after clicking the green "+" button.

Does anyone have a fix or workaround for this?

Nov 11, 2013 15:31
Vote:

This is a known bug also occuring in Chrome for CMS 6 R2. See http://world.episerver.com/Forum/Developer-forum/Problems-and-bugs/Thread-Container/2013/8/Personalize-Content---Visitor-Group-Lookup-not-working-in-Chrome/

Doesn't seem to be a bug report for it though. Contact EPiServer support to hear if they have a quickfix. 

Nov 12, 2013 0:17
Vote:

I contacted EPiServer support, which referenced the list over supported CMS6 R2 browsers for edit-mode:

• Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0
  • Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0
  • Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.0
  • Firefox 3.6, 4.0

Unfortunatly, my client will most likely be auto-updated to IE10/11 and newer Firefox versions. 

Nov 12, 2013 15:58
Vote:

I was experiencing this same problem and I have a "fix."  It isn't the most elegant solution but it does work with IE 10, Firefox 25, and Chrome.

1. Open the GroupListEditor.ascx user control (default install is C:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\CMS\6.1.379.0\Application\UI\CMS\Editor\Dialogs\GroupListEditor.ascx).
  2. Find the table with id ‘groupGrid’ and add a style element with the height set to 175px like so:
    <table id="groupGrid" dojoType="dojox.grid.DataGrid" style="height: 175px;" cansort="false" clientSort="false" selectionMode="single" queryOptions="{ignoreCase: true}" region="center">
  3. Save the change.
Dec 03, 2013 0:35
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.