Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Custom RoleProvider -- Missing RoleNameLabel

Vote:

Hello!

I'm currently working on a custom roleprovider for EPiServer 6r2, and need some information how to make
delete:s and so on to work too.

I've impelmented MembershipProvider and everyting seems allright. I'm able to login with that provider
and change User to Role connections, all through EPiServer-admin-gui. BUT when i try to delete a user
or a role for example, a popup opens and explodes before i even comes to my membershipproviders' DeleteUser method.

The small popup im talking about is called
http://dev.server.se/to/UI/CMS/admin/DeleteMembershipDialog.aspx?NameRoleOrUser=MyUserOrRoleName&SecurityEntity=0

Missing RoleNameLabel.

Error on line 206 below:
Line 204: #line default
Line 205: #line hidden
Line 206: this.RoleNameLabel = @__ctrl;
Line 207: @__ctrl.ApplyStyleSheetSkin(this);

can someone clear this for me

Apr 18, 2013 16:45
Vote:

I got the same error and it is not releated to a Custom RoleProvider. I am not sure why it stopped working but you can fix the error by editing the file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\CMS\6.1.379.0\Application\UI\CMS\Admin\DeleteMembershipDialog.aspx

Change the IDs of the following labels:

RoleNameLabel -> roleNameLabel

UserNameLabel -> userNameLabel

It seems like something made it more case sensitive in the naming of IDs and their corresponding fields in the code-behind. Probably related to NET 4 and some windows update. Because the problem does not occur on EPiServer sites running in 2.0 AppPool.

May 08, 2013 8:55
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.