Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problems adding SQL-user or modifying users

Vote:

Hi!

I'm working with a site that recently has upgraded from CMS 5 to CMS 6 R2. I've ran into problems when it comes to modifying a user account (AD) or trying to add a new SQL-account. The site is an intranet and uses Windows AD to authenticate users. When I for example try to give editor rights to a user I get the following error message:

at EPiServer.Security.WindowsMembershipProvider.get_MinRequiredPasswordLength() at System.Web.Security.Membership.get_MinRequiredPasswordLength() at EPiServer.UI.Edit.UserMembership.ValidatePassword() at EPiServer.UI.Edit.UserMembership.SaveMembershipUser() at EPiServer.UI.Edit.UserMembership.SaveButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

The method or operation is not implemented.

Any ideas on what to do? I get the same error when I try to add a new SQL-user. Very thankful for help!

Apr 23, 2013 12:23
Vote:

MinRequiredPasswordLength is not used for WindowsMembershipProvider, see http://sdk.episerver.com/library/cms6/html/P_EPiServer_Security_WindowsMembershipProvider_MinRequiredPasswordLength.htm

Users from WindowsMembershipProvider can't be modified or assigned to new groups through the EPiServer UI - this is by design since the users are defined in the Windows domain.

I'm surprised you are even allowed to try changing any fields - normally all the fields in the edit user screen are disabled for Windows user accounts.

Are you trying to modify the user through the UI or in code?

Are you using the default WindowsMembershipProvider in web.config or a custom membership provider inheriting from WindowsMembershipProvider?

May 24, 2013 7:22
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.