Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Where the schedule job runs?

Vote:

I have some questions about schedule job:

Does the schedule job runs in IIS process(web context)? I found that when schedule job "Automatic Emptying of Recycle Bin" runs, OnDeleting event is triggered and event handler in web application can receive this event.

I feel a little bit confused because there is a EPiserver schedule windows service, it looks that the schedule job doesn't run in windows service.

Thanks in advance.

Apr 04, 2014 10:55
Vote:

Scheduled jobs can be run in 2 modes:

1) You can execute it manually via EPiServer Admin UI. Scheduled job then is ran directly in web application pool process (usually w3wp.exe)

2) Scheduled jobs are ran automatically. This is done via EPiServer Scheduler Windows Service. Service makes sure that appropriate service is ran at particular point in time - e.g. it makes sure that service is triggered at scheduled time (you can set it in job details page in EPiServer Admin UI). When job is triggered automatically via Windows Service - it still runs in web app pool - Windows service remotely invokes web server.

Apr 04, 2014 11:30
Vote:

Thanks, that is exactly what I want to know.

Apr 08, 2014 5:13
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.