Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Error when exporting pageType

Vote:

I'm trying to Export one single page type and I get this error.

The following errors have occurred:
Exception: There was an error generating the XML document.[Instance validation error: '-9' is not a valid value for EPiServer.Editor.EditorToolOption.]

There are few hits when googling this but some people talk about a field called [tblPageDefinition].[LongStringSettings]. But for this specific type there are no page definitions with the value of -9 that I can find. The LongStringSettings for this page type is -1 all the way plus but it doesn't change the error message when altered. Can't export.

I've tried to exporting it solo but also when exporting pages. I get the same error message whenever this page type is included.

Jul 07, 2014 9:35
Vote:

Have you done any specific setting for this pagetype? A sugestions is to check if you have any custom editorsettings for longsstring on that pagetype. If you do not use PageType Builder I would extract allt pagetypes using a tool for that and start using pagetypebuilder instead. Then you will no longer need to export pagetypes like that.

The import/export tool is not that good when trying to export stuff we have made changes to with code. Have a look in your project if there are any custom editortooloption.

Jul 14, 2014 10:52
Vote:

Could also try and just update the longstring settings and thereby forcing it to update the value.

Jul 14, 2014 13:17
Vote:

Suddenly it worked :/ I did try to update the longstring setting (seen other posts about this) but right after it still didn't work so I don't think it helped. But then again, I must have done somethign to make it work..  Thanks for your answers though.

Aug 08, 2014 8:57
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.