Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

PageTree NumberOfLevels limitation?

Vote:

Hi, 

I'm trying to show 4 levels in a PageTree but it doesn't seem the property NumberOfLevels cares about anything higher than 3.

This works:

This doesn't work. It acts like the row above and any pages added on a forth level are ignored:

Am I missing something or is this just the way it is? I can't finy any futher documentation of this property.

best regards

Lars

Jul 04, 2014 14:18
Vote:

Hello Lars!

As far as I can remember there shouldn't be a limitation of 3 on the PageTree levels. I had a quick peek through EPiServer's source code with ILSpy to see if I could find one, but I was unable to see anything that could point to any sort of restriction.

Do you get the same result setting ShowRootPage=true and/or ExpandAll=true?

Best regards, Mathias

Jul 09, 2014 7:16
Vote:

Hi again,

I did a quick test in my pet EPi demo template site for EPi6R2 and got it to display levels without any apparent restriction. If you want to try it you can use EPi's demo site (http://world.episerver.com/en/Download/Demo-Sites/Alloy-Technologies/) and head over to the Sitemap-page (http://demo.episerver.com/en/Site-map/); the tree there is a PageTree. Log in with epiuser/episerver and duplicate a couple of the products and make them nested.

// Mathias

Jul 09, 2014 7:21
Vote:

Hi Mathias,

Thanks for replying.

I tried the demosite and it works fine there, as you say.

For me:

ShowRootPage=True doesn't make any differance.
ExpandAll=True makes everything exapdned but nothing under the 3rd level.

The customer have now changed their mind about this level so it's not needed for me to solve at the moment, but it would be nice to understand why this is acting different.

I'm still very new to EPiServer but in the element there are a bunch of templates for header, footer, Indent, selected etc. Is it possible these are written in a way that breaks the "default" behavior of the Pagetree?

best regards

Lars

Jul 10, 2014 9:46
Vote:

Hi Lars!

Hm, not in any way that I can think of, but it's likely some custom code causing it. Is there any ControlAdapter changing behaviour on the PageTree control? Is the read access is restricted to the pages that are expected to appear on level 4? Are those pages marked as visible-in-menues? Just brain-storming here.

Cheers!

// Mathias

Jul 11, 2014 8:51
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.