Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Max Length of Page Type Property Default Values

Vote:

I'm creating a new page type and trying to set the default value of an XHTML string (>255) field to a relatively long string of html.  However, the editor in Admin mode where you create the new page type only allows for me to enter default values that are 300 characters long.  Is there any way around this?

For reference, it seems like there was a similar issue with the "short string" type back in EPiServer CMS 5 R2, which was apparently fixed: http://world.episerver.com/Forum/Developer-forum/EPiServer-CMS-5-R2/Thread-Container/2011/10/Default-value-for-a-string-only-100-chars-long/ (I'm currently on 6 R2, and I still get the issue with the XHTML string (>255) type.)  I might consider making the hotfix suggested in the article (although the idea of changing the files of EPiServer itself is a little disconcerting), but I haven't yet been able to find the .aspx it mentions.

Any ideas on how to get around this issue?  Does anyone know if this is still an issue in EPiServer CMS 7.5--we're upgrading soon.

Thanks!

Sep 04, 2014 18:54
Vote:

Update: the EPiServer CMS 5 R2 article is actually here: world.episerver.com/Modules/Forum/Pages/Thread.aspx?id=54730.  Not sure why it didn't come through that way in my first post.

Edited, Sep 04, 2014 22:51
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.