Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Can't create Visitor Group

Vote:

Hi there, I'm working on a large inherited EPi6R2 site and I'm investigating what personalisation options are available to me using this version of EPiServer, but I'm having some problems.

When I select the Visitor Groups menu item in the CMS and click on the +Create button I see that a POST request to /secure/Cms/VisitorGroups/Translate is auto redirected (via HTTP 302) to /secure/Cms/VisitorGroups/Translate/

The auto forwarded POST request is turned in to a GET, which fails with a 404. This appears to stop the relevant dojo client script from running on this page.

You can see the error I get here: http://imgur.com/ry3XthI

I do get controls to add and define VisitorGroup criterion, but when I drag any of the criterion in to the Site Criteria pane the same errors show and I can't set the parameters of the criterion. This stops me from completing the Visitor Group setup.

I've redownloaded and reinstalled EPiServer 6R2 and checked that I've setup Visitor Group permissions for CmsAdmins but that hasn't helped.

I'm at a loss here, has anyone seen this before or have any ideas on what I can try next?

Thanks!

Feb 17, 2016 22:27
Vote:

Just to add to this, I've noticed that if I resubmit the failed POST to /secure/Cms/VisitorGroups/Translate/ (note the trailing '/') via Fiddler, then I get a 200 OK response.

What causes the apparant bad request to /Translate?

Feb 17, 2016 23:17
Vote:

As a workaround, I've created an IIS rewrite rule which forwards POST requests via a 307 to keep the POST body and adds a trailing slash. This seems to work, although I need to tune the match rule to be more appropriate so as not to match all the forms on my site:

<rule name="Add trailing slash" stopProcessing="true">
          <match url="(.*[^/])$" />
          <conditions>
            <add input="{REQUEST_METHOD}" pattern="^POST$" />
            <add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" matchType="IsFile" negate="true" />
            <add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" matchType="IsDirectory" negate="true" />
            <add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" pattern="(.*?)\.[a-zA-Z]{1,4}$" negate="true" />
          </conditions>
          <action type="Redirect" redirectType="Temporary" url="{R:1}/" />
        </rule>

Feb 18, 2016 0:48
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.