Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Cannot register a new page type from Visual Studio

Vote:

When trying out RC3 I had no problem registering a new page type directly from Visual Studio. Now I am looking at the 5.1.422.4 release and suddenly it doesn't work. I have a nice, clean project. The only thing out of the ordinary was that I needed to manually change all the EPiServer references so that they pointed to the right versions of the binaries. The error I am getting now after the new aspx has been created is: Error when creating the EPiServer.Configuration.Settings.All list: The configuration section could not be found in the configuration file This section does exist as it should in web.config. If I immediately try a second time I get this error message instead: Visual Studio cannot establish a connection to the configured EPiServer database. An EPiServer PageType was not registered for MyFileName.aspx.
Sep 17, 2007 15:37
Vote:

This works fine on our test machine. Do you have any of the RCs installed?
Sep 18, 2007 8:42
Vote:

Yes. I installed RC3, and then I upgraded that site to RC4. Should I uninstall and try all over?
Sep 19, 2007 9:13
Vote:

Yes, try to create a new project and see if the problem still exists. If this works as expected, there is probably version issues with the assemblies in the "old" project. I would suggest copying your work to the new project. Also export any data (pages and associated pagetypes) that you want to import to the new project.
Sep 19, 2007 15:37
Vote:

The error appeared in the new project, i.e. it is not a project based on a release candidate.
Sep 24, 2007 10:17
Vote:

I've got the same problem when upgrading from an rc4 to release but after uninstall and cleaning the GAC it works just fine! :) If not try to clear the Temporary ASP.NET Files -folder. To get the site up and running i changed the
to the right version. Best Regards Eric Pettersson(EPiServer)
Oct 05, 2007 15:37
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.