Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Type - ItemReference problem

Vote:

Hi, In the new version of Episerver there is a type called ItemReference. It is in the namespace Episerver.Implementation.Serialization. How it should be used? I'm writing a module for storing information in episerverDB which uses Episerver's ObjectStore. I have a type which has to be stored in the database. It has member which is array of other custom type. Here is a short example of what I'm doing: public class MyClass : IItem { ArrayList secondClassList; ... } public class SecondClassList { }
Jan 10, 2008 12:55
Vote:

Sorry for the second post. The problem is that I used to Load and Save through Session object items of these classes in the database in episerver4 and everything worked fine, but in the new version when I load the MyClass item it's member - secondClassList is arraylist filled with ItemReference items. How should I use the read or save methods from the session object? What attributes should be used? I searched the internet but found nothing about the new ItemReference object. Thanks Vladimir Terziyski
Jan 10, 2008 13:01
Vote:

Hello, We currently discourage public use of the Object Store API:s (IItem / ItemReference etc are all part of the object store API:s). This is the reason we have not provided any SDK documentation of these namespaces. ObjectStore has gone thru a few revisions and will most likely change significantly again before we make it public. There are a lot of things (better perf, LINQ integration etc) that we want to do before that. Regards, Magnus Stråle
Jan 14, 2008 12:43
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.