Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Ldap config in CMS 5

Vote:

I will soon try to set up the Ldap connection, that a customer used on there old Epi 4.5 intranet, on the new CMS 5

Is there any changes? 
Is there any help on this, where do I put the <add key="EPsLdapServer" value="ldapserver.fakename.se" /> in the web.config  etc.

best regards

jesper

Jun 02, 2008 10:42
Vote:

Hi Jesper!

> Is there any changes?

Yeah, its completely gone..(!)

EPiServer5 uses the standard ASP.Net Membership/Roler-Providers, and You would probably want to check out the ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider instead. Theres also an ActiveDirectoryRoleProvider available for download if you need group/roles too.

More info here:
http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/Items/Tech-Notes/EPiServer-CMS-SP2/Configuring-EPiServer-CMS-5-to-Use-Active-Directory-Membership-Provider/

Regards,
Johan Olofsson

Jun 02, 2008 16:58
Vote:

Thanx it works

But you have to upgrade your SDK to SP1 to be able to compile ActiveDirectoryRoleProvider

Best regards

jesper

Jun 04, 2008 13:42
Vote:

Yes, you need EPiServer CMS 5 SP1 for the activedirectoryroleprovider.
Jun 04, 2008 14:08
Vote:

I now have problems to get the ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider to work with Automatic login.
I want the users to automaticly get logged in to the Intranet with there windowsaccount.

The strange thing is that it works for me but for no one else

We had this working on the old epi 4.62 but I can't get this working

Anyone knows the problem?

/jesper 

Jun 24, 2008 15:29
Vote:

Hi

We found out that the activedirectorymembershipprovider needs some ports to be opened in the firewall to get it work well. (with web server in dmz and DC on the inside). ports 137 to 139, plus 88 i think.

Maybe that could help you a little bit?

Jun 24, 2008 17:23
Vote:

Whats the difference between your account (that works) and one that doesnt?
Do the accounts exists under different nodes?
Do the users keep getting the login dialog over and over or do they get any error message?

If you switch to forms login, are they able to login using their AD-accounts then?

/johan

Jun 24, 2008 20:20
Vote:

They are able to login with AD accounts using forms
So the connection to LDAP seems to work

The only thing I don't understand is why the windowsform don't work

/jesper

Jun 25, 2008 12:10
Vote:

the easy solution....

of course you need the domain users to have the right access to files in wwwroot and templates...

When you log on using Epiforms the server probably access the files using IIS user as configured

simple

thanx for all the help 

Jun 30, 2008 11:55
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.