Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

R2 - Etag is already set

Vote:

I've just finished the first installaltion of R2 CTP. When I try to visit the website, I get a javascript error "EPi is undefined" and no css files are loaded either.
Using Fiddler to debug: I get 500 errors on css-files and on episerverscriptmanager.js.

If I try to browse a css file directly, I get the following error:
System.InvalidOperationException: Etag is already set.

The problem seems to be related to IIS caching.

1. I'm developing on Win XP
  2. .NET 3.5 is installed
  3. Wildcard mapping is set in IIS
Any tips to what could cause the error?
Aug 04, 2008 10:57
Vote:

Does the problem reproduce on IIS6 or 7?
Aug 05, 2008 14:33
Vote:

I'm developing on Win XP, so this is related to IIS 5
Aug 06, 2008 9:25
Vote:

We have had an working installation of R2 CTP before. But due to some visual studio crashes, we tryed to get a fresh install of the R2 CTP, and now this error shows up.

Could it be a IIS issue? we tryed to install the CMS SP2 and it works perfectly.

Also using Win XP SP2, with IIS5.1

Edited, Aug 06, 2008 15:24
Vote:

Ah... reading the fine print helps - see download page and Known Limitations:

"We only support IIS 6 installation using EPiServer CMS Manager 2.0.19.8"

Aug 06, 2008 16:33
Vote:

Hi!

It seems that we fixed a bug with a similar description yesterday so hopefully this will not be an issue any more with the next release.

Regards
Linus Ekström

Aug 20, 2008 9:40
Vote:

I use "XP PRO IIS Admin" tool to enable creation of sites within XP. I was using it for installation of EPiServer 4.x and 5 R1 without any problem.
When I tried to use it for installation of R2 CTP I got the javascript error that Mari Jørgensen reported.

After few testing I succeded to avoid this kind of error:
- Install R2 CTP site via EPiServer Manager 2.0.19.8. For site URL I put for example "http://testsite".
- Open it in VS 2008, and adjust it to use ".NetFramework 3.5" and fix errors related to project references
- Save and rebuild project
- Create user within "ASP Net Configuration" site from VS 2008
- Open IIS, stop all sites and start adequate site that you created during step 1
- Open IIS and delete the .* mapping and set 404 error to point on "/util/notfound.aspx"
- Open admin site and continue installation of public templates (don't worry about errors related to "Page not found")
- Open admin site again and do "Rebuild Name for Web Addresses"
- Open IIS and insert .* mapping
- Restart IIS
- Open site in new browser (it should be displayed without problems)

After those steps, the EPiServer's R2 CTP site started to work without above described javascript problem.
By this you can continue with testing and developing of web application based on R2 CTP in XP (IIS 5.1). I tested this way at 2nd September - today (used installation of R2 CTP from http://world.episerver.com/en/Download/Items/EPiServer-CMS/Version-5/EPiServer-CMS-5-R2-CTP/).

Best Regards
Vladimir Ljepoja

Sep 02, 2008 15:35
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.