Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Disable/Redirect direct access (typing URL) to a page used as a subsection in another page.

Vote:

Hi:

I have some pages in EPiServer that are not used directly. The display information in other pages. 

E.g.

I have a Product Page and a Product Specification Page. 

The first one displays information about the product and loads the page Product Specification to display some extra info. The latter one should not be access by itself. First it does not contain all the information needed, second the layout is all broken since it was not desinged to be displayed by it self.

The problem I have is that if I type directly the URL of the Product Specification URL I can access it and see a page with bugs and error messages.

Which is the best way to solve this issue? Can I display an error message when trying to access the page directly, or can I redirect them to another page? 

Many thanks

Apr 07, 2011 11:08
Vote:

The easiest way is to Response.Redirect in the product specification template to the parent page.

You could also consider an upgrade to EPiServer CMS 6 R2 and use container pages instead:

http://world.episerver.com/Blogs/Linus-Ekstrom/Dates/2011/3/Container-pages/

Apr 07, 2011 17:40
Vote:

It is soon on the agenda to update to the last version, so I think I will wait so I can use container page. Thanks for the help

Apr 28, 2011 13:49
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.