Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Override Alias in IUser

Vote:

Hi! I would like to override the Alias property of IUser (or User as I guess is the actual class used?). How do I manage to do this? I don't want to implement the IUser interface, since it's quite complex. Smile If I inherit User, I'm not able to just pass a DbDataReader to the base constructor. Any suggestions?

PS. I know that I have to create an EntityProvider and change the EntityProviders.config file. Wink

Thanks! Erik Lidälv

Jul 24, 2008 10:25
Vote:

It is a somewhat complex task to override types in the security assembly. If possible, I would recommend against doing that and find an alternate way instead.
Aug 19, 2008 15:01
Vote:

Hi! Thanks for your replay! Is it possible ta add a new Property to IUser, as described in section "3.1. Extending StarCommunity classes" in the "Netstar - StarCommunity 3.1 - A Programmer´s Guide.pdf" file?

/Erik

Aug 20, 2008 10:20
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.