Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Error when installing site without database with EPiServer Deployment Center

Vote:

Hi

I've just downlaoded the latest version of EPiServer (5.2.375.133) and installed it on a PC with Windows Vista OS.
The installation went fine but when I tried to install EPiServer site (the option without database) The following error is thrown by the EPiServer Deployment Center:

An unhandled error has occured:

Method not found: 'Void Microsoft.Web.Administration.ServerManager.Dispose()'.

When executing

At C:\Program Files\EPiServer\CMS\5.2.375.133\Install\System Scripts\Install Si

te (No database).ps1:71 char:30

+ $wizard.GenerateUniqueValues( <<<< )

=

Get-EPiIsBulkInstalling

Error - System.Management.Automation.MethodInvocationException: Exception calling "GenerateUniqueValues" with "0" argument(s): "Method not found: 'Void Microsoft.Web.Administration.ServerManager.Dispose()'." ---> System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void Microsoft.Web.Administration.ServerManager.Dispose()'.

at EPiServer.Install.IIS7.ServerManagerDisposeHelper.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
at EPiServer.Install.IIS7.ServerManagerDisposeHelper.Dispose()
at EPiServer.Install.IIS7.WebApplication.Get(String siteName, String applicationName, InstallationManager installationManager)
at EPiServer.Install.WebServer.IIS.GetWebApplication(String siteName, String applicationName)
at EPiServer.Install.UI.Wizards.WebSiteWizardHelper.<>c__DisplayClass4.<get_UniqueNameEntries>b__2(String name)
at EPiServer.Install.Common.UniqueNaming.MakeNamesUnique(List`1 entries)
at EPiServer.Install.CMS.UI.Wizards.NewSiteWizard.MakeValuesUnique()
at EPiServer.Install.UI.WizardBase.GenerateUniqueValues()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Management.Automation.DotNetAdapter.AuxiliarMethodInvoke(Object target, MethodBase method, Object[] arguments, MethodInformation methodInformation, Object[] originalArguments)
at System.Management.Automation.DotNetAdapter.MethodInvokeDotNet(String methodName, Object target, MethodBase[] methods, MethodInformation[] methodInformation, String[] methodDefinitions, Object[] arguments)
at System.Management.Automation.DotNetAdapter.MethodInvoke(PSMethod method, Object[] arguments)
at System.Management.Automation.Adapter.BaseMethodInvoke(PSMethod method, Object[] arguments)
at System.Management.Automation.PSMethod.Invoke(Object[] arguments)
at System.Management.Automation.ParserOps.CallMethod(Token token, Object target, String methodName, Object[] paramArray, Boolean callStatic, PSMethodInfo targetMethod, Object valueToSet)
at System.Management.Automation.Parser.MethodCallNode.InvokeMethod(Token NodeToken, Object originalResult, Boolean staticMember, Object[] paramArray, List`1 typeConstraint, PSMethodInfo& targetMethod)
at System.Management.Automation.Parser.MethodCallNode.Execute(Array input, Pipe outputPipe)
at System.Management.Automation.ParseTreeNode.Execute(Array input, Pipe outputPipe, ArrayList& resultList)
at System.Management.Automation.Parser.StatementListNode.Execute(Array input, Pipe outputPipe, ArrayList& resultList)

What can be the reason of this and how can I solve this issue?

May 19, 2009 21:12
Vote:

Hi,

It sounds like you have a version of IIS7 where their ServerManager class does not have a Dispose method. Are you running a beta or CTP version of Vista?

Can you please check the version of the Microsoft.Web.Administration assembly (should be found in C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv).

Paul Smith

EPiServer

May 20, 2009 10:24
Vote:

The version of Microsoft.Web.Administration assembly that is on my machine is 6.6000.16386
When I run winver command I am getting that the Windows version is Version 6.0 (Build 6000)

May 20, 2009 16:59
Vote:

Solved...

It was the problem with the OS version...After I installed SP1 for Vista everything started to work fine

May 21, 2009 16:39
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.