Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Community Abuse Report Gadget - configure reported types

Vote:

Hi All

We created custom type of Comment and custom Abuse Report type for our project. We add comments and reports through Community API and it works ok. But we can't moderate these reports through Community Abuse Report Gadget, it just doesn't show our custom types. Using Sql profiler and Reflector we found out that there is a private static member _list in class EntityMetadataHandler, which contains reportable types for this Gadget. This list is filled in static constructor and nowhere else. If we pull it out using reflection and insert there metadata of our custom Comment type, the gadget starts displaying our Abuse reports and it works fine.

But use of reflection in production solution isn't a good idea, so I have a question: is there another way to add custom entity metadata to Community Abuse Report gadget? If not, then could you please tell me if there are any risks of changing the functionality in future releases?

Thanks

Alexander

Jan 31, 2011 9:37
Vote:

Hi Alexander, 

I'm experiencing the same issue as yours. Have you sorted it out? Could you please post the reflection code that worked? How can you access to the instance of EntityMetadataHandler? 

Nov 09, 2012 4:24
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.