Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Sync AD user with Community user

Vote:

Hi,

Anyone have a good idea what I should do if I want to sync some values from AD with my community-users. 

For instance. I might want to sync the telephonenumber for all ADUsers with the corresponding community users and add it to a telephoneattribute on the user at a given time. For instance every night at 2am. Or just make sure that the user firstname and lastname is added/updated on the communityuser.

I don't want to go do a lookup in the AD everytime I need to get the telephonenumber. 

What's the best practice here?

Thanks

Dec 04, 2013 9:31
Vote:

Made a scheduled job that did the trick. But I still wonder if this is a good enough solution when users start to pile up.

Edited, Dec 04, 2013 11:49
Vote:

A scheduled job is definitly a good idé to sync all users information. What I usually do to complement this is a sync when a user logs in. So every time a user logs in the different attributes get synced, and on top of that I also run a scheduled job :)

Dec 05, 2013 9:46
Vote:

My thoughts exactly.

In case the user logs in 22 hours after the job has run and he just changed his phonenumber, that could be a bit confusing.

Thanks =)

Dec 05, 2013 10:28
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.