Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Framework problem: The server tag 'asp:ScriptManager' is ambiguous. Please modify the associated registration that is causing ambiguity and pick a new tag prefix.

Vote:

Im having some trouble installing EPiServer Mail 4.3 properly. We are running CMS 5 R2 3.5NET, but i keep getting errors like:

The server tag 'asp:ScriptManager' is ambiguous. Please modify the associated registration that is causing ambiguity and pick a new tag prefix.

The base class includes the field 'scriptManager', but its type (System.Web.UI.ScriptManager) is not compatible with the type of control (System.Web.UI.ScriptManager).

I have removed all references to version 1.0.61025.0, but still getting the same errors.
I looked in the user controls for EPiServer Mail, and they are using the 1.0-version:

<%@ Register Assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" Namespace="System.Web.UI" TagPrefix="asp" %>

Im guessing this is not EPiServer Mail dependent, since it applies to ImageVault as well. Is it, and i sincerely hope, possibly to run under framework 3.5? And how do i make that possible?

Regards,
Mattias

Jan 16, 2009 12:18
Vote:

Hi Mattias,

Have you seen this blogpost by EPiServers Sebastian Lundh:

http://world.episerver.com/en/Blogs/Sebastian-Lundh/Dates/2008/12/EPiServer-Mail-43-to-work-with-R2/ 

Matbe it will help you?!

Best regards,
Tom

Jan 16, 2009 13:04
Vote:

Yes, i've tried his approach, but without success unfortunately
Jan 16, 2009 13:31
Vote:

We are facing the same problem though we still run CMS R1 but since we upgraded to sp3 we had to upgrade to run .net ajax 3.5 to get X3 to work. This however made both ImageVault and EPiMail to stop function. I don't recieve the ambigous error report but only this:

Parser Error Message: The base class includes the field 'scriptManager', but its type (System.Web.UI.ScriptManager) is not compatible with the type of control (System.Web.UI.ScriptManager).

Anyone found a solution to this? Or else we need to downgrade ajax version again and skip using X3 again.

Feb 06, 2009 8:14
Vote:

Edited, Feb 06, 2009 8:47
Vote:

Good news, now the new version of EPiServer Mail is out. This version supports R2 and ASP.Net 3.5.

Go and get at the download section:
http://world.episerver.com/Download/Categories/Modules/EPiServer-Mail/

Best regards,
Tom

Feb 24, 2009 9:13
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.