Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Language UI validation error

Vote:

Hi,

I am new to using EPiServer mail, and have come across a validation error when trying to send a newsletter through the EPiServer UI  (Mail -> New Mailing)

If I am logged on the server (RDC), and using the localhost URL, I get no validation error message, and the newsletter is sent.

However, if I access the solution externally using the IP address or an URL, and try sending the exact same newsletter page, the solution thinks for about 30 seconds after pushing the send button, and then i get a nice little red star next to the language option and an error message saying something like "Some fields have not been filled out correctly...."

Can anybody point me to possible error sources?

Aug 28, 2014 14:41
Vote:

Hi!

Do you get anything useful about the connection attempts through fiddler, or the net tab in firebug, when pushing the button externally? Do you get 200 OKs or something else? any js errors? I haven't used Mail in quite a few versions but can you see if there is something wrong in the response content? Just brainstorming, trying to figure out if those are server side validation messages or client side validation failing due to the server not responding properly.

Have a good weekend!

//Mathias

Aug 29, 2014 16:10
Vote:

I had the same problem, solved it by adding the website url in the host-file to localhost on the webserver.

Edited, Dec 10, 2015 10:52
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.