Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Create club without Author / Owner

Vote:

When creating a Club it seems that you are required to supply an instance implementing IAuthor, and that instance has to be a UserAuthor with a User set. Is there any way to get around this? I'm creating Clubs in code based on external data, and they really don't relate to any of the users. The only thing I can think of is either creating a user for every Club or using the same user for all clubs, neither of which seem very tempting...

Feb 03, 2011 14:36
Vote:

It turns out it is possible to set the Author to a GuestAuthor after initially creating the Club, but then the moderator mode crashes when trying to list clubs...

Feb 03, 2011 15:50
Vote:

I ended up using a special system user account (the initial admin account actually) as author of all these generated Clubs. Let's just hope no-one decides to remove that account...

Jun 11, 2011 9:24
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.