Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Relate+ 7 installation problem

Vote:

Hi

I'm trying to do an installation of a new relate+ website but I get the error below. The site can't be installed and rolls back. The powershell file exists and look OK to me at C:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\Relate\7.0.0.0\Install\Install EPiServer Relate.ps1. It seems linked to versions maybe. In the ps include file the versions are

$epiCMSVersion = "7.0.586.1"
$epiFrameworkVersion = "7.0.859.1"
$epiCommunityVersion = "7.0.859.1"
$epiSearchVersion = "7.0.1764.1"
$epiMailVersion = "7.0.579.1"

Any and all help gratefully received.

Thanks

ERROR

An unhandled error has occured: Cannot bind argument to parameter 'Path' because it is null. When executing At C:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\Relate\7.0.0.0\Install\Install EPiServer Re late.ps1:226 char:50 +     $installCommunityDatabaseScriptPath = Join-Path $epiCommunityVersionPath "Insta ... +                                                     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An error has occured and the transaction will be rolled back Rolledback Started a transacted install Entering commit phase Committed At C:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\Relate\7.0.0.0\Install\Install EPiServer Relate.ps1:226 char:50 +     $installCommunityDatabaseScriptPath = Join-Path $epiCommunityVersionPath "Insta ... +                                                     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ System.Management.Automation.ParentContainsErrorRecordException: Cannot bind argument to parameter 'Path' because it is null.

Oct 07, 2013 17:47
Vote:

I'ved solved this. It was a problem with the installation of Relate. I installed by running EPiServerRelate.msi directly. Looks like this resulted in a partially installed application. When I ran Setup.exe then I could create Relate+ sites without a problem

Oct 08, 2013 12:58
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.