Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer assemblies on your nuget feed

Vote:

It seems there are plans on adding authentication to the next version of NuGet (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5786350/are-there-plans-for-nuget-to-allow-commercial-library-packages-to-be-created). Does EPiServer have any plans on publishing its assemblies on a feed that can be authenticated with episerver world credentials?

This is omething that would be very useful for us as a partner and for the open source community since we are not allowed to distribut the episerver assemblies.

Aug 19, 2011 11:08
Vote:

How would you use them?
Aug 19, 2011 11:46
Vote:

Let's say I want to distribute open source project that not only contains assemblies but actual code files that would be included in the NuGet package. These code files can contain reference to various EPiServer assemblies. Since you can't distribute EPiServer dll's the first thing the user needs to do is somehow add these missing references*. If you could include them as dependencies in your NuGetpackage the end user experience would be a lot smoother.

* There are various ways around that, for instance point the references in your projects to program files where EPiServer installs the dlls or by adding NuGet references to GAC where the EPiServer dlls also are available. Both of these alternatives require that the person that installed your open source project has done a proper installation of EPiServer.

Aug 20, 2011 10:17
Vote:

At the moment i am usually referencing the EPiServer install directory but I felt it would be nicer to poit to a NuGet package rather then hoping that the one installing my package has the right bits installed already.

Aug 22, 2011 10:35
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.