Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Select page tree view should filter pages according to selected language branch

Vote:

Current situation:

TinyMce allows you to create a link providing language branch as an additional parameter. The page tree that is shown after clicking on ... button includes all pages, regardless the available languages. It's a little bit confusing for content managers to see all pages instead of those which have translation to selected language. It can be a source of various issues as well (I recorded a short video to demonstrate a possible problem https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmXvlc8rEQW7g4EffgoKMJU-eLR6IQ?e=zXw1Ne ).

How to improve:

What I would like to see when I click on the ... button (when the language branch field (1 on the image) has a value):

• Three view (block 2 on the image) should not contain pages that do not have translation to the selected language. Now the tree view shows all pages.
  • Page names should be in the selected language. It would be easy for content managers to see title in selected language (block 1 on the image)

Thanks in advance!

Edited, Apr 17, 2020 13:21
Vote:

Hi Aleksei, The page selection feature does not exist on the basis of language selection in the pop-up window but if you try to search a particular page in the popup area (e.g. Alloy Meet) then search area populate all language version pages with search key and then you can select a language-specific page.

Apr 17, 2020 17:45
Vote:

Hi Sanjan,

Thanks for reply. I understannd that what I experienced is an expected behaviorand I can use the search to see language branch. However, I have to admit that's quite a problem for content editors because there's no indication of available languages on the page tree. It would be good to chnage behaviour of the tree as I described above.

May 04, 2020 5:46
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.