Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problems installing EPiTrace

Vote:

I'm trying to install EPiTrace, and I'm a little confused.

I have read the installation instructions, and there's this line:

"Download the installation zip file from EPiServer World and install it via EPiServer CMS Manager."

I downloaded the zip.  It contains three directorys and a number of files.

EPiServer Deployment Center had nothing in it -- just the two previous CMS versions I have installed.

So, I moved the EPiTrace folder into this folder:

C:\Program Files\EPiServer\CMS

Re-opening the Deployment Center now shows EPiTrace as an installed product, but there's nothing underneath the node.  When you highlight the EPiTrace node, the "Run" button is disabled -- there's nowhere to go.

I did a little poking around on the other nodes in Deployment Center, and each option seems to correspond to a Powershell file (.ps1) inside the folders.

The EPiTrace folder has no Powershell files in it.

How do I use Deployment Center to install EPiTrace?

Feb 20, 2009 23:28
Vote:

Hi!

You have to install it manually. Just copy all files in zip-archive to you web application, create tables and import the package with the page and page type from admin mode.

The instructions applies to the previous version of the EPiServer CMS Installation Manager for 5R1 and not the new Deployment Center for 5R2 (using PowerShell).

/Fredrik

Feb 23, 2009 16:50
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.