Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Episerver 7.0 CMS UI is broken on Chrome and Firefox on Surface Pro devices

Vote:

EPiServer Version: 7.0 (MVC)

A client of ours, who does the editing on their website, recently recently upgraded all staff's devices to Surface Pro and Microsoft Surface laptops.

Their preferred web browser is ChromeAt the moment, they are having issues navigating on the CMS Edit Mode.

In particular, their issues are as follows:

• The Navigation pane is minimised on load, but, cannot be resized using the sliders
  • "Changes to be published" notification is displayed on save, but, the clicking the "Publish" button does not do anything -- as if frozen.

I was able to replicate their issues on Chrome (version 65.0.3325.181) and Firefox (version 59.0.2).

While, Internet Explorer 11 does not have the issues listed above, it does not load TinyMCE (XHtmlString) fields properly.

For the record, the CMS UI works successfully on Microsoft Edge. However, as I've mentioned earlier, they prefer Chrome.

Is there any way to resolve this issue without doing a major upgrade (i.e. 7.5 or latest version)?

Mar 28, 2018 5:36
Vote:

I've heard many people complain about using Chrome on Surface.

Could you ask them to check whether they have problems only with EPiServer CMS or with other websites as well?

Mar 28, 2018 15:56
Vote:

I've tried to edit on an EPiServer v10 website on Chrome (Surface) -- no issues.

Mar 29, 2018 0:30
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.