Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Linking pages - how does it work?

Vote:

Dear all, 1. Click file cabinet to get the file action window 2. Upload a file somewhere 3. On any page, in editor, click "Insert document" button and insert a link to that file 4. Go back to the file action window 5. Show file summary for the file Result: It says "Linking Pages: No references" Shouldn't the "linking pages" tell me what pages links to this file? Or have I misunderstood anything? I'm using EPiServer 4.51.2.145. Best regards, Andreas Piirimets
May 25, 2007 11:15
Vote:

No, I don't think you have misunderstood anything (the "linking pages" should tell you which pages the picture is linking to). The link reference is updated as a background job. It could take up to 1 minute before the reference is updated (This is not the same as a scheduled task but runs as a separate job in EPiServer). You can check back at some other files and pictures and see whether they have a link reference. If find that the link reference is “none” on several of you pictures/ documents you need to contact your partner.
May 25, 2007 13:51
Vote:

If you still haven't found a solution to your problem, this may be a suggestion: 1) Log in to admin mode and choose the actual page type that contains your link. 2) Locate the actual property that the link is inserted in, and click it. 3) Make sure its searchable, by checking the Searchable checkbox. EPiServer will only index links from properties that have the searchable checkbox checked. Hope this helps, -Geir Allan Hove
Jun 22, 2007 14:45
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.