Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Missing functionality in File Manager search

Vote:

Hi all,

I've been having a problem with the File Manager search that comes out of the box with EPiServer CMS 5 - I'm not able to search on files by file name. Searching on text within a document works fine.

My original post and the answer from EPiServer can be found here, but in a nutshell, searching by file name is not possible in an out-of-the-box installation.

This seems pretty strange to me. Surely the file name is one of the very first things you would want to search for files on? The fact that this option is placed at the very top of the File Manager search only reaffirms this. So why doesn't it work without requiring extra development?

EPiServer, can we have a fix please?!

Jul 31, 2008 17:44
Vote:

Hi Patrick,

It's possible to search on file names in the file manager however there seems to be a problem on searching on files with a space in the file name. I've updated the other thread.

Aug 01, 2008 15:08
Vote:

Hi Patrick

I would just like to inform you that a fix for the bug you found, #12177, is included in the newly released version of EPiServer, EPiServer CMS R2.

Regards

Per Gunsarfs
EPiServer CMS Development team

Oct 02, 2008 8:54
Vote:

Hi Episerver,

We're having this same issue in our developer license using Episerver CMS 5.2.375.236 (32 bits).  Could you therefore inform me if the standard search on filenames needs configuring, or has this problem recurred?

Thanks and kind regards

Veerle

Jan 28, 2010 10:19
Vote:

Hi, I found this post whilst searching for similar issues and have additional comments to make on the search functionality, but have done so here as that is where the actual search issue seems to be most similar to my own (I have also posted here to indicate that this 3 threads seem to have the same problem and may help others who are having the same issue), any comments / thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Sep 13, 2011 13:22
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.