Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Episerver Alloy Demo: Orange "Epi" Button No Longer Appears

Vote:

Hi - I'm evaluating Episerver for my company as a possible CMS solution. In order to run demos for coworkers and management, I used the Episerver CMS Visual Studio Extension and gave a decent initial Episerver demo.

I'm having an issue where the orange "Epi" button stops appearing while running the Episerver "Alloy" demo for a given Visual Studio solution. Clean / rebuild doesn't help, nor does clearing the browser cache. I can still create new solutions based on the Episerver CMS Visual Studio Extension and get the button back.

Thanks much, Randy Chapman

Jan 25, 2022 17:43
Vote:

Have you changed the master layout at all. Can you double check that @Html.RenderEPiServerQuickNavigator() is in it as this is what renders this feature

Jan 26, 2022 16:30
RandyC@AVB - Jan 26, 2022 17:06
Hi Scott - thanks for your reply. I happened to notice that if I append "/episerver" to the local URL for the Alloy demo, I'm able to get back to Edit / Admin etc modes. I'll keep your note in case it comes to that. Thanks very much, Randy C.
Scott Reed - Jan 26, 2022 18:08
Yes /episerver for pre .NET 5 (< CMS 12 and < Commerce 14) and /episerver/cms are the URLs to access the admin and where you would expect users to go for logging in straight to the editor interface. The main point of the quick navigator is when you're logged in it allows you to switch to the editor interface keeping the page that you're on which allows a fast quick editing experience
Scott Reed - Jan 26, 2022 18:12
one thing to be mindful on as I mentioned the .NET 5 version is that last year Optimizely released the major new version of the platform. This is built on the more modern version of .NET which is .NET 5. This has many benefits including being 5-10 times faster. The CMS Visual Studio extension is only for the old version so will be installing the old version of the platform and it wouldn't be recommended to be evaluating pre .NET 5 for a migration to the platform, you should look at CMS 12 / Commerce 14 instead. More information can be found here https://world.optimizely.com/resources/net5/
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.