Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Visitor groups for personlization

Vote:

How many visitor grpup can be applied to a block in a content area for personlization ? Is there any max limit beyod which we will not be able to add visitor groups to a block??

Mar 24, 2023 4:57
Vote:

As far as I know, there is no hard limit on the number of visitor groups that can be applied to a block, that being said, keep in mind that adding too many visitor groups to a block can negatively impact the performance of the website. This is because the platform has to evaluate each visitor group for each request, which can increase the server load and slow down the response times.

Edited, Mar 24, 2023 10:05
Vote:

Hi Vishal,

As Minesh said, I'm not aware of an upper limit to the number of visitor groups you can apply to a given block however, if you've got too many, I don't know how well the CMS UI will display them. If you find yourself applying many visitor groups to a given block, it's probably worth looking to see if you could create a composite visitor group consisting of members of the other visitor groups. For example, if you have a block which is visible to visitor groups "Free membership bronze", "Free membership silver" and "Free membership gold", and a second block which is visible to the visitor groups "Paid membership bronze", "Paid membership silver" and "Paid membership gold", it would make sense to combine the visitor groups into 2 - "Free membership" and "Paid mambership". That would keep the UI a bit cleaner and simplify the targetting process for editors.

Mar 24, 2023 11:05
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.