Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Fuzzy Search

Vote:

Hi everone,

after working on several onsite search optimizations in the past few months for clients, I am still not convinced about using the Fuzzy Search or not. i would be curious to get some feedback from other Insite customers about this particular functionality?  Do you find this improved your search results? 

Thanks.

Patrick Ouellette
eCommerce Product Owner at Absolunet

Jun 28, 2019 5:00
Vote:

Hey Folks,

I've had the same result. Fuzzy search is still enabled, but we're close to turning it off. Suggested search was turned off day 1. Will check out your article Patrick

Feb 14, 2020 8:08
Vote:

Hi Colleen and Staci, 

thank you both for your comments. I am not surprised to hear that you decided to turn off the Fuzzy Search. Can you share a bit more on the method you are currently using to evaluate the quality of your search results?

Also, if you are interested in the subject, I have recently written a short article on how to improve internal search using Insite Software: https://absolunet.com/en/3-high-roi-ways-to-improve-search-on-insite/

Thanks.

Patrick Ouellette
eCommerce Product Owner at Absolunet

Aug 30, 2019 4:28
Vote:

Hi Patrick,

We also turned off fuzzy search. We found it to make our search results worse when it was on.

Staci

Aug 27, 2019 12:51
Vote:

I turned off Fuzzy Search as well - when on our search results are "worse" than when off

Aug 12, 2019 8:09
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.