Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Mobile App - Fingerprint & Face ID

Vote:

I am looking for input from others who use the mobile app.

We are getting customer feedback the fingerprint / face ID is not working for them. After trying it myself, I would agree.

When you first sign in, if you select to use fingerprint / face ID, then manually sign back out, you have to type in your credentials. You just got done saying you want to use fingerprint / face ID, so you shouldn't have to type in your credentials.

I logged a ticket and Insite is saying this is working as expected, however we feel it isn't. 

What are others opinions? I'm wondering if I log this as an enhancement.

Feedback from Insite:
Username + password => access token + refresh token

The user explicitly logs out.

Everything is wiped out (this is the expected cause)

The user will manually type information in. TouchID/touchID will not be presented since another user can log into the device and make a checkout if the device is a shared device. FaceID/touchID is unique to one person.

Everything is wiped out (this is the expected cause) is the part that doesn't make sense. If my bank app logs me out, it doesn't wipe everything out, including my preference to use fingerprint / face ID. 

Maybe we are just misunderstanding this! Would love for others to try and provide their experience :)

Feb 07, 2020 9:56
Vote:

I would agree with you. It seems that it isn't remembering the user. If I sign in, activate face ID, sign out, and then try to sign in again I have to type everything in. It's not remembering user ID to even use face ID to fill in the password. Also, after re-signing in my toggle has reverted back to face ID = off. Normally an app at least remembers your user ID/email, and then the facial recognition fills in the password and signs you in.

Feb 14, 2020 13:04
Vote:

#247112 provided a viable solution

Apr 22, 2022 6:53
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.