Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Grouping content when personalizing it in a content area

Vote:

Hi,

The documentation for personalizing content in an content area states the following:

• Select one or several visitor groups. You have the following options:
    • [Visitor group name] means that the content will only be shown for these visitor groups you have selected. It means that the content will be hidden from all other visitors who do not match the criteria. If you have several blocks that match a visitor group, only the first matching block will be shown.
    • Everyone means that the content will be shown to all visitors (and all visitor groups). Place this block last in the list of personalized content as fallback content for the visitors who do not match any of the criteria.

Is it possible to override the behavior for [Visitor group name] so I can group many blocks with the same visitor group inside the same group? Now only the fist block is shown.

I am developing a site for customer that is going to use 20 visitor groups and for each visitor group they want to show 4-5 different blocks. If they have to have 80-100 groups inside one content area it will be very difficult to use.

Oct 28, 2014 12:30
Vote:

Hi!

I would not say that it's possible to group several items without starting to modify the underlying parts, which you don't want to do. I would really question if pulling in that many items into a content area is the right way to go. Perhaps add another layer, for instance a block with a content area where you can put all items for a specific visitor group, pull in that block and personalize it. That way you get a bit clearer separation and overview of what's seen for a specific role. Of course, I hope that this is a rare case and not something that will occur all over the site, then I think you would be in trouble.

Nov 06, 2014 7:56
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.