Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Remote Events and pageCacheSlidingExpiration

Vote:

Hi everyone,

I have recently updated a site (to 7.13 ) which is using a delivery site and an authoring site. The pageCacheSlidingExpiration is set to 2 hours on the delivery site. On EpiServer 7 the cache would get invalidated using the remote events and it worked just fine. As soon as a page was published on the authoring site the changes would appear on the delivery site. However, after the upgrade this does not seem to be working. The changes on the authoring site won't appear on the delivery site and we have had to set the pageCacheSlidingExpiration to 00:00:00 . This issue happens to media files as well. Has anyone had this issue?

Nov 11, 2014 18:43
Vote:

Sounds like a configuration issue. Even though it should not require a reconfiguration when updating to 7.5 I would suggest that you doublecheck your configuration against whats described in http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/Items/Developers-Guide/EPiServer-CMS/75/Event-management/WCF-event-management/

Nov 14, 2014 8:17
Vote:

Yes it was a configuration issue. There was no default provider configured for event replications. In the upgrade documentation, it says that no additional configuration is needed but in fact if we don't configure a provider the event replication will not work .I also had to remove the name of the site from service name to get it working.

At first I didn't have the default event provider configured and after changing the log threshold I saw an INFO log record saying that event provider is not configured. After configuring that and changing the service name it worked.

<event defaultProvider="wcf" >
<providers>
<add name="wcf" type="EPiServer.Events.Providers.WcfEventProvider, EPiServer.Events" />
</providers>
</event>

Nov 17, 2014 13:35
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.