Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

TinyMCE Changes Aren't Applied Unless Formatting Is Cleared First

Vote:

Hi Guys,

We're having an issue with rich text editing via TinyMCE. If I go to apply a style to a block of text in the editor, it gets applied as expected. But when I go to apply a different style that should override the original style, things go a little haywire. As you can see, we've defined a set of styles as "h1", "h2", "h3". When I apply "h3" to a section, it wraps the text in a . When I apply "h2" it appends the header2 class like: 

afforded the same full scope collective bargaining rights as workers in the private sector.

Hmm. Maybe I can fix it by selecting that section and applying "Standard Text":

afforded the same full scope collective bargaining rights as workers in the private sector

It seems like the only way to resolve the issue is to click on the HTML button and clear out all the tags so that TinyMCE can make a fresh start. I guess the question is, *adding* style declarations here is pretty easy, but how do you make sure they get *removed* when the user selects a different style?

Thanks in advance for any advice...

--Ian

Dec 18, 2014 17:38
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.